At JMK Solicitors we are committed to making people our priority. That includes all our valued staff. As part of this commitment, we are one of the very few firms to offer an extremely generous recognition and reward package to include the following:
- 4 Day Working Week with no reduction to pay or benefits. Full time – 30 hours per week once probation completed
- Bonus Opportunities
- Company Pension, with company contributing 3% of annual salary
- 20 days holidays plus public and bank holidays with additional 5 days flexible holidays after 5 years of service
- Private Health Care for team member and dependents includes consultations, tests, scans and cancer care plus up to £7.7k annual cash benefits including health screening, therapy, optical and dental
- Employee Assistance Programme -24/7 Mental Health and Counselling Care for team and family
- Life Insurance – 3 times annual salary
- Gym Membership
- Optional Health Checks and annual Health and Wellbeing Events
- Monthly Recognition Rewards and Vouchers
- Extensive Social Events
- Opportunity to engage in charity events
Our values are at the core of everything we do at JMK Solicitors, in how we deal with both our colleagues and our clients. Find out more about our values.
Professional Development & Training
We have invested in our state-of-the-art IT system to ensure our team has the best resources available to represent our clients and we provide regular in-house bespoke training so we are up to date with all the latest legal developments. Our people are supported and encouraged in their career development and we have regular reviews and appraisals with all our staff. We have also supported members of our team in attaining professional qualifications.
We are proud of our bright, modern offices in the hearts of Belfast and Newry. We also provide flexibility for our team to allow them to work from their homes, and they are provided with the appropriate equipment in order to do so. As part of our approach to flexible working, we have also brought our team abroad to ‘work in the sun’ in recent years.
4 Day Work Week
To ensure our team has the best work/life balance possible, we reduced our full-time core working hours for our staff by a fifth from January 2020, from 37.5 hours to 30 hours, with no impact on pay after a two-year-long research project, meaning our team work a four day working week but get paid for five days!
Health and Wellbeing
We place great value in the health and wellbeing of all our people. In addition to a generous company pension scheme, we provide the option of free private health insurance for all employees, which can be extended to cover our families. We also offer free gym membership, cycle-to-work and computer schemes, and lunchtime Pilates to everyone.
We celebrate all our team’s success in helping clients and greatly appreciate client feedback and reward our team for positive responses. A lot of hard work goes into providing the best possible service to our clients and, while we love what we do, we believe it is vital that we also remember to have some fun! We enjoy nights out at sporting events, theatres, and concerts as well as Summer barbecues and a fantastic Christmas party where we have lots of gifts and long service awards.
We love celebrating joyous events in our team’s lives. As well as buns and treats, we also provide weekly fruit baskets for us all to enjoy.
Each year we ask our staff to select a charity for JMK to support throughout the year. We raise money through dress-down days, social events, and sponsored events such as the Belfast Marathon.
Through these measures, we at JMK Solicitors seek to live our core values, make people our priority and make sure that personal injury claims are personal.